Created 18 Jul 2000 at 15:27 UTC by jschauma.Homepage: http://www.netmeister.org/apps/bday/index.html
Freshmeat page: http://freshmeat.net/appindex/2000/07/16/963782704.html
DAY is a set of Perl scripts to remind you of upcoming birthdays. It sets up a small database with the names and birthdays of the people you can't forget and sends you an email a certain number of days before that birthday comes up as well as on that specific day. BDAY is based on YPLib.
Current stable Version is 0.1
- search for birthday
- optionally send an email-message to that person as well
- sort entries aplhabetically
- If a user enters two people with identical names, both will be removed when (s)he wants to remove one of them
- the date can't handle leap-years
- add functionality to be reminded a different number of days in advance for different people
- bday 0.1 is not Y3K compliant ;-)
All feedback, critique, bug-reports, suggestions, hints, tips etc are greatly appreciated.
New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.
Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.
If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!