Project info for PHPWebmasater
Created 13 Mar 2001 at 04:52 UTC by superuser, last modified 15 Mar 2001 at 22:39 UTC by deekayen.
Freshmeat page: http://freshmeat.net/projects/phpwebmaster/
Similar in style to SlashCode, (and inspired by) ThatWare, and Drupal. Currently, it runs on a MySQL Database, however, we are working on a Database API that will allow for smoother integration. Web based installation or databases, as well as conversion from the popular PHPNuke will also be included. Complete management webside, with user logins, admins, forums, comments, news syndication with XML, and much more. Very fast, light, and geared to be very modular (upload the mod, and a few lines of cut and paste (or none at all) and the mod is running).
Well, this is just an update on the new backend I am creating for the site. Currently, I have completed the following:
- Port of Nuke user table to the new PHPWebmaster user table, which means you won't have to create a new use account or even change your password.
- Backend.php working, so other sites syndicating the headlines won't notice a difference.
- User login finished, minus the front end. Everything is ready, just no form yet.
- Comment System - finished including error checking. Just going to keep hacking away at it a little at a time just to improve performance.
- Forums - finished basic forum setup. I want to create sections of for the forums, so I still need to do a little work on that.
- News publishing - finished. Again, will still be working to simply speed it up, improve on it, but generally, if I don't touch it, it will still work fine.
- Content Section for the tutorials is done, however, I am going back and adding features (like multiple sections) so I can seperate the Tutorials and also the Function's of the Day.
- Error checking - Most the error checking is either in place or being added. All the functions have been created, just working out the actual functionality of the system in some areas before adding the checking.
- Script/Code database - haven't started actual coding, but I am going to use a modified bit of code I used for something else, so it won't take long.
- Links - haven't started, and for some reason, I am not to excited about this one. Probably because their are so many Links scripts out there. But I will write a nice little one. =)
- Customization - Need to work on this a little bit, however, so far, the customization power of the script is pretty good. I am going to work on this while I code, and keep improving it.
- Admin interface - None. Currently, everything I am doing with the database is being done through phpMyAdmin. I will have a admin interface though. That, however, is the easy part. Everything else is finished by then.
Well, I am sure I missed something, but those are the current standings. Is their anything you guys would like to see implemented?
License: GNU GPL